Mrs. Manon Gosler
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center is an international multicultural organization and an integrated part of Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. In our offices in Maastricht we think and act globally and assume a leading role for the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Centers all over the world. Our goal is to provide excellent assistance to our customers and dealers of well-known Daimler brands like Mercedes-Benz, AMG, smart, Setra and Mercedes me. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we ensure our customers’ mobility with our roadside assistance.
Additionally, we take care of all kinds of enquiries about passenger cars, trucks and vans during our opening hours. For our customers we are maybe the most important connection to the Mercedes-Benz brand. That’s why we live the brand’s most important promise: “The best or nothing”.
As a trainer you are part of the Training, Knowledge Management and Quality Management department, which is in charge for the Mercedes-Benz Contact Centers worldwide.
The training team is responsible for the development and delivery of the required qualification program. This includes the new starter as well as the existing staff. The line business includes for example process- and system-trainings or communication- and product training. Besides this, we also tailor training solutions for the learner demands.
The trainer is expected to make a valuable contribution to the qualification program. In his/her role this is to be achieved through successful development and delivery of trainings for the target groups.
In addition the trainer is contact point for training related topics and helps in the consultancy for projects.
• Consultancy on training topics including the formulation of learning objectives, training format and the training request form.
• Training development – transferring content into training.
• Delivery of training programs.
• Define the training needs with performing training needs analysis.
• Keeping training material updated.
• Act as single point of contact for specific areas (ex. Country, Topic)
• Support and work projects and ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget.
• Support with the coordination of internal and external resources for successful project execution & delivery.
• Support in developing detailed project plans & schedules and contribute to the project status reporting.
• Manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs in a structured and consistent way.
• Track project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
• Use and adhere to standard MBCAC project management methodology & PMO principles.
• Higher vocational education
• Between 1 and 2 years minimum of experience in training and/or consultancy
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Fluent in corporate language English (need to have), ideally also a second (near) native language like German, Dutch, French, Spanish or Italian
• Solid organizational skills incl. attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Experienced & self-confident in presenting to different types of audiences
• Good communication and facilitation skills
• Independent actor as well as strong team player
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Enjoys working in a dynamic, multicultural environment
• Positive attitude towards change
• Stress resistant
• Willingness to travel for work when required
We offer you a job in a multicultural, young and informal international working environment with interesting conditions, both primary and secondary:
• Lucrative relocation package. If applicable, you will also be reimbursed for first arrival, housing fee, and moving costs.
• Result oriented bonuses;
• Competitive performance based salary growth;
• Holiday allowance: 8% of annual salary;
• 200 vacation hours (based on full time employment);
• Pension plan;
• Transportation plan: free bike every 3 years, free public transport or contribution to fuel costs;
• Employee Car Program: discount on new or used Daimler brand cars.
Please use the “apply” button to upload your CV and Letter of Motivation (English only) and any other documentation that adds value to your application.
You can respond to the vacancy until February 21th, 2019.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Manon Gosler by email: firstname.lastname@example.org